If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or is at risk of harm, do not hesitate to contact the Parish Safeguarding Officer Philip Appleby 01661 852738 or the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser for advice and support. Ruth Rogan: 07825 167 016, email@example.com
Full details of the Diocesan policy can be found:
This statement was adopted by Wylam St. Oswin’s Parish at a Parochial Church Council meeting held on 24th May 2016
As members of this Parish we commit ourselves to care for one another safely.
We recognize that everyone has different levels of vulnerability and that each of us may be regarded as at risk at some time in our lives.
We commit ourselves to:
· the Safeguarding of people who may be at risk, ensuring their well-being in the life of this church.
· promoting safe practice by those in positions of trust.
· promoting the inclusion and empowerment of people who may be at risk.
· recruit safely following the recognised procedures.
· supporting, resourcing, training and regularly reviewing those who undertake work with children/young people
and adults who might be at risk.
It is the responsibility of each of us to prevent physical, emotional, sexual, financial and spiritual abuse. We will report any abuse that we discover or suspect.
We agree to work within the guidelines of the Church of England and the Diocese.
Each person who works within this church community will agree to abide by this policy and the guidelines established by this church.
This church appoints Philip Appleby as the Parish Safeguarding Officer and also as the DBS Administrator.
This policy is reviewed each year by the Parochial Church Council and re-affirmed at the Annual Meeting
Churchwardens Judy Marr. Michael Bird
Date: 24th May 2016